how to transfer my photos in my phone to my ipad?

my phone’s been turning off suddenly lately since i updated my phone to ios 17 and i’m worried i could not back up my photos.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 6:58 AM

Do you sync photos with iCloud?

Settings

Tap Your Name

Tap iCloud

Is Photos turned on?

If yes and you use the same Apple ID on your iPad, you do the same there and your photos will sync with all devices using the same Apple ID and where Photos in iCloud are turned on.

iCloud is not a true archive backup service. It is a Syncing service. If you delete a photo you sync with iCloud on one device, it will delete on all devices including in iCloud. To ensure you don't lose your photos, you might want to backup your photos to your computer or use a 3rd party backup service, like Dropbox, Carbonite, Google Photos, Amazon Photos (if you're a Prime member).

If you want to transfer your photos to your computer for storage, this link will explain how to do that --> Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

Finally, make sure you are backing up the data on your iPhone, since you admit it is now having issues. This link explains how to backup your iPhone --> Back up iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2023 6:58 AM in response to annur51

Do you sync photos with iCloud?

Settings

Tap Your Name

Tap iCloud

Is Photos turned on?

If yes and you use the same Apple ID on your iPad, you do the same there and your photos will sync with all devices using the same Apple ID and where Photos in iCloud are turned on.

iCloud is not a true archive backup service. It is a Syncing service. If you delete a photo you sync with iCloud on one device, it will delete on all devices including in iCloud. To ensure you don't lose your photos, you might want to backup your photos to your computer or use a 3rd party backup service, like Dropbox, Carbonite, Google Photos, Amazon Photos (if you're a Prime member).

If you want to transfer your photos to your computer for storage, this link will explain how to do that --> Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

Finally, make sure you are backing up the data on your iPhone, since you admit it is now having issues. This link explains how to backup your iPhone --> Back up iPhone - Apple Support

how to transfer my photos in my phone to my ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.