Fitness app not showing steps and distance

The Fitness app doesn’t show steps and distance and also doesn’t close any ring, even though data is there in the Health app.

Fitness tracking option is on. Any ideas?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 1:46 PM

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your answer.

I previously used an Apple Watch, but right now I am not using one.

Note that Fitness app stopped working when I stopped using the Apple Watch.

Also note that I have Strava activities showing up in Fitness, and also steps recorded by iPhone’s Apple Health showing up in Apple Health.

However the Fitness rings are stuck.

Attaching some screenshots, showing Strava activities from Saturday and the empty rings in Fitness on Saturday, also steps recorded in Health on Sunday and empty rings in Fitness on Sunday.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2023 1:46 PM in response to Bill_T1

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your answer.

I previously used an Apple Watch, but right now I am not using one.

Note that Fitness app stopped working when I stopped using the Apple Watch.

Also note that I have Strava activities showing up in Fitness, and also steps recorded by iPhone’s Apple Health showing up in Apple Health.

However the Fitness rings are stuck.

Attaching some screenshots, showing Strava activities from Saturday and the empty rings in Fitness on Saturday, also steps recorded in Health on Sunday and empty rings in Fitness on Sunday.

Oct 15, 2023 12:20 PM in response to dre_andrei

Hi dre_andrei,

You have not indicated if you are using an Apple Watch or not. The information your device will track and show will vary greatly depending on this factor.

Track your daily activity and change your move goal in Fitness on iPhone provides additional info on this such as the statement:

"You can use the Fitness app  to track your daily activity, set a move goal, see your progress, and see your movement trends over time—even if you don’t have an Apple Watch."

as well as:

"When you carry your iPhone with you, motion sensors track your steps, distance, and flights climbed to estimate active calories burned. Any workouts you complete in compatible third-party apps also contribute to the progress shown on your Move ring."

If the apps you use to track activity are not compatible with the Fitness app, that information would only be expected to be displayed in the Health app.

Regards.

Fitness app not showing steps and distance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.