Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Apple TV not available in Shortcuts app

When creating a shortcut on my iPhone 15 Pro to 'Wake Apple TV' or 'Sleep Apple TV', my Apple TV HD is not available as an option. The only thing I can select is the option to 'ask each time' however even when running that, I get an error message saying 'no options available.'

This is the same no matter what kind of 'Apple TV Remote' option I try in shortcuts.

However, I can connect to my Apple TV from my Phone by opening the remote app. So it is working and connected, just not through Shortcuts for some reason.

My Apple TV is connected to two Homepods as a stereo pair. Everything is running the latest software, and everything has been restarted multiple times.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 17

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 8:10 AM

I've been pulling my hair out with this problem too. I finally got it working this morning.

Try the following :

Go to Settings -> Shortcuts -> Advanced

Make sure that BOTH options "Allow Running Scripts" and "Allow Sharing Large Amounts of Data" are turned ON.

I had "Allow Running Scripts" enabled but not the data one. As soon as I enabled that my AppleTV showed up when trying to run or create scripts.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2023 8:10 AM in response to _benjamin_

I've been pulling my hair out with this problem too. I finally got it working this morning.

Try the following :

Go to Settings -> Shortcuts -> Advanced

Make sure that BOTH options "Allow Running Scripts" and "Allow Sharing Large Amounts of Data" are turned ON.

I had "Allow Running Scripts" enabled but not the data one. As soon as I enabled that my AppleTV showed up when trying to run or create scripts.

Apple TV not available in Shortcuts app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.