Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15 Wake TV shortcut made on ipad not working on iphone, vice versa

I know there are lots of issues with shortcuts on iOS 15 but this is a bit different (both devices at iOS15): I made a shortcut on my ipad mini 4 to turn on my Apple TV 4k. From the mini, it works fine. That shortcut however does not work on my iphone SE (Operation took too long to complete). If i make the same shortcut ( steps same, name different) on the iphone, that works on the iphone but not on the mini (Could not wake TV, Unknown error occurred).

It seems like either a network timeout is different on the two different platforms, or the TV hardware address is not the same on the two devices. Do i have some cache to clear or is this not suppose to work as I expect? By the way, I can use the TV remotes on each just fine.

Thanks.

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 5:00 PM

I figured it out: I re-paired my iphone se with the TV and the ipad mini created shortcut now works as designed! To unpair, i went to Settings then Remotes and Devices then Remote and Devices again and clicked on my device to “forget”. Then i power cycled my phone, opened the remote app and re-paired with the TV. Shortcuts now work 🥳.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2021 5:00 PM in response to Tkadela

I figured it out: I re-paired my iphone se with the TV and the ipad mini created shortcut now works as designed! To unpair, i went to Settings then Remotes and Devices then Remote and Devices again and clicked on my device to “forget”. Then i power cycled my phone, opened the remote app and re-paired with the TV. Shortcuts now work 🥳.

Sep 27, 2021 2:45 PM in response to Tkadela

Good afternoon Tkadela,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are having an issue synchronizing shortcuts between your iPad and iPhone, and we'd like to help.

The resources below will provide some guidance:

Sync shortcuts on iPhone or iPad - Shortcuts User Guide

"Important: Personal automation shortcuts don’t sync to other devices."

If the issue persists, please reply to this thread and we'll do our best to help you!

Take care.

iOS 15 Wake TV shortcut made on ipad not working on iphone, vice versa

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.