how do i get my old screensaver back on my Mac studio?

how do i get my old screensaver back on my Mac studio? I am using Sonoma 14

Mac Studio, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 5:33 AM

If you want to restore your old screensaver on your Mac, you can follow these steps:

1. Access System Preferences:
    1. Click on the Apple menu in the top-left corner of your screen.
    2. Select "System Preferences" from the drop-down menu.
  2. Choose Desktop & Screen Saver:
    1. In the System Preferences window, find and click on the "Desktop & Screen Saver" icon.
  3. Select Your Previous Screensaver:
    1. In the Desktop & Screen Saver section, you'll see a list of screensavers on the left-hand side.
    2. Find and select your previous screensaver from the list. If you don't see it in the list, it might have been removed or is no longer compatible with your macOS version.
  4. Adjust Settings (if needed):
    1. Once you've selected your old screensaver, you may have the option to adjust its settings or configure when it activates, depending on the screensaver. Make any desired changes.
  5. Close System Preferences:
    1. After selecting and configuring your screensaver, close the System Preferences window.

Your old screensaver should now be active on your Mac. If it's not listed in the screensaver options, it's possible that the screensaver was removed or is not compatible with your current macOS version. In that case, you may need to find an alternative screensaver or download the one you previously used if it's available.

Remember that screensavers can sometimes be associated with specific software or applications, so you may need to reinstall or reactivate that software to access a particular screensaver.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2023 5:33 AM in response to rtbme4eva

If you want to restore your old screensaver on your Mac, you can follow these steps:

1. Access System Preferences:
    1. Click on the Apple menu in the top-left corner of your screen.
    2. Select "System Preferences" from the drop-down menu.
  2. Choose Desktop & Screen Saver:
    1. In the System Preferences window, find and click on the "Desktop & Screen Saver" icon.
  3. Select Your Previous Screensaver:
    1. In the Desktop & Screen Saver section, you'll see a list of screensavers on the left-hand side.
    2. Find and select your previous screensaver from the list. If you don't see it in the list, it might have been removed or is no longer compatible with your macOS version.
  4. Adjust Settings (if needed):
    1. Once you've selected your old screensaver, you may have the option to adjust its settings or configure when it activates, depending on the screensaver. Make any desired changes.
  5. Close System Preferences:
    1. After selecting and configuring your screensaver, close the System Preferences window.

Your old screensaver should now be active on your Mac. If it's not listed in the screensaver options, it's possible that the screensaver was removed or is not compatible with your current macOS version. In that case, you may need to find an alternative screensaver or download the one you previously used if it's available.

Remember that screensavers can sometimes be associated with specific software or applications, so you may need to reinstall or reactivate that software to access a particular screensaver.

how do i get my old screensaver back on my Mac studio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.