Issue with Siri on Apple CarPlay since ios17 update

Anyone else had an issue since the update? Ask Siri to text someone it asks what you want to say, but doesn’t kick into listen mode and just freezes. Never happened before the update. Seems like a bug I thought they’d have fixed in updates by now but it persists.

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2024 11:34 AM

Sooo annoyed since the 17 update! My Siri with CarPlay has been messed up since. It’ll add “what do you want” to all my texts at the beginning and then my message even though I didn’t say it. It doesn’t read back my texts. It’ll randomly come on and say different phrases while driving.

I’ve tried all the suggestions Apple gives and nothing is working.

I HATE the new update and so disappointed in Apple for NOT fixing the issues with the recent update yet.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2024 11:34 AM in response to WillC81

Sooo annoyed since the 17 update! My Siri with CarPlay has been messed up since. It’ll add “what do you want” to all my texts at the beginning and then my message even though I didn’t say it. It doesn’t read back my texts. It’ll randomly come on and say different phrases while driving.

I’ve tried all the suggestions Apple gives and nothing is working.

I HATE the new update and so disappointed in Apple for NOT fixing the issues with the recent update yet.

Apr 18, 2024 6:24 PM in response to qzzz

Same issue for me. Recently updated to 17.4.1 and now Siri just spins anytime I ask for something… can’t text, play/search for a song, find directions…. Nothing. Just spins and plays that stupid new noise until she comes back with “Sorry, I’m having trouble right now.”

So frustrating!! (And also not nearly as safe w/o voice commands.) BTW CarPlay still connects and works just fine. But Siri is dead.

APPLE, PLEASE FIX THIS!

Oct 14, 2023 3:06 PM in response to WillC81

Un-pair the iPhone from the infotainment system and unpair the infotainment system from the iPhone (un-pair from both ends!), then check for and apply the latest updates for the infotainment system firmware, check formiPhone iOS updates, then force-restart the iPhone, and re-pair.

If the problem persists, log feedback with Apple: Product Feedback - Apple

Jan 25, 2024 3:37 AM in response to WillC81

I’m in a 2022 Toyota and Siri is now unusable. I’ve done all the steps above and I’m at a loss. It glitches when o send a text repeating “it says.it says.it says”. Adds an extra text at the start of a text normally “what do you want?” When I search for audio in Apple Music or Spotify it just says it can’t display that info on this device then frequently plays something different then reads me the wiki entry for the artist. It worked perfectly until the last few weeks and now it’s the worst software I’ve ever used. Any suggestions?

iphone 15plus on 17.2.1

2022 Toyota Corolla with latest software updates.

frustrated owner/user

Apr 11, 2024 8:30 AM in response to WillC81

I have a 2024 Toyota Corolla on the latest sofware my iPhone is on 17.4.1

Since the last update my car reads a new message via siri and CarPlay, but if i try and send a message it spins as though its doing it stops and says uable to get the result while you are driving.

If you click repeat nothing is ready for sending

I have reset my phone, reset my car repaired them both and even went back to Toyota today to make sure its nothing simple...

Shame that Apple is slowly moving towards reliablity of Android with some of these excellent features

Issue with Siri on Apple CarPlay since ios17 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.