How to fix air pods that have to turned up all the way to hear sound at a low level

When I put in my AirPods, there is little to no sound coming from it unless I turn it up to max volume.

I've cleaned them thoroughly and it’s still the same problem.

AirPods (2nd generation)

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 11:57 AM

chanelle122 Said:

"How to fix air pods that have to turned up all the way to hear sound at a low level: It’s connected to my iPhone

———-

Thank you for the followup reply.

Troubleshooting iPhone Audio:

Save a Few. You might need to get a new speaker or microphone. But, before making that assertion, see if you can use the following links to troubleshoot this...

A Few Links that May Help:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2023 11:57 AM in response to chanelle122

chanelle122 Said:

"How to fix air pods that have to turned up all the way to hear sound at a low level: It’s connected to my iPhone

———-

Thank you for the followup reply.

Troubleshooting iPhone Audio:

Save a Few. You might need to get a new speaker or microphone. But, before making that assertion, see if you can use the following links to troubleshoot this...

A Few Links that May Help:

Oct 14, 2023 9:00 PM in response to chanelle122

chanelle122 Said:

"How to fix air pods that have to turned up all the way to hear sound at a low level: When I put in my AirPods, there is little to no sound coming from it unless I turn it up to max volume. I've cleaned them thoroughly and it’s still the same problem."

-------

Troubleshooting Low AirPods Volume:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Using an App?:

Check and make sure that the balance on the app is not towards the right.

How to fix air pods that have to turned up all the way to hear sound at a low level

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.