Forgot my apple id n password

My phone display was broken a year back, now i fixed it but due to wrong password phone is locked. I forgot my apple id n password. Actually my apple id was made by other person(shopkeeper). But now hes out of country n i couldn't contact with him. I have my phone(iphone X) and box pack. Now i couldn't sign in to unlock my phone. Please help me what should i do???🙏

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 11:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 2:28 AM

If the iPhone has someone else's Apple ID on it, you cannot unlock it. That is why Apple ID's are personal and not meant to be shared.

If you don't have original proof of purchase information of this iPhone you cannot get rid of the activation lock. If you have original proof of purchase information, , you can start an Activation Lock support request.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2023 2:28 AM in response to utsav195

If the iPhone has someone else's Apple ID on it, you cannot unlock it. That is why Apple ID's are personal and not meant to be shared.

If you don't have original proof of purchase information of this iPhone you cannot get rid of the activation lock. If you have original proof of purchase information, , you can start an Activation Lock support request.

Forgot my apple id n password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.