Hacked changed security questions.

my apple id was hacked and a iphone i do not own was added to my account. they then changed my security questions so i cannot remove this phone nor change my security questions. called support and they cannot help me at all because i do not know the answers to the questions. i read that there is a form i can fill out to recover the account but i am unable to find it. i cannot even delete the account as i need to answer the questions. i have changed the password, and i answer the questions until it locks me out. i do this everyday so they cannot change anything else.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 10:29 AM

Similar questions

11 replies

Apr 22, 2024 9:15 AM in response to SOShackedacc

Unfortunately that means you are out of luck. Apple is strict with their account security and the use is in full control of their Apple ID only.

Your option now is to submit proof of ownership of the phone to Apple to request they remove the Apple ID from the phone do you can start as new Apple ID. How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Oct 16, 2023 12:00 PM in response to trigger1703

Unfortunately that means you are out of luck. Apple is strict with their account security and the use is in full control of their Apple ID only.

Your option now is to submit proof of ownership of the phone to Apple to request they remove the Apple ID from the phone do you can start as new Apple ID. How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Apr 22, 2024 10:44 AM in response to SOShackedacc

nothing as apple support is stubborn and will not help me in any way, i can log into the account and shared screen shots that i was logged in. i even sent them a picture of my state issued drivers license and they say i have to answer questions i did not put on to my account after the idiot who hijacked my account added them and a phone. i do not own any apple product. i cannot remove my email, i cannot change the security questions, i cannot remove a phone i do not own, all due to not able to answer the stupid questions.

Apr 22, 2024 12:32 PM in response to trigger1703

Same here, no apple device, just feeling uncomfortable with someone using my account wrongfully. Hope you didn't have any credit card connected with it or no cloud information on there. Have you received any invoices or mails about other actions with your account?

Mine was hacked by chinese people so that I cannot even try to answer the questions xD

Oct 15, 2023 2:27 PM in response to trigger1703

The recovery you read about is for accounts who have two factor authentication security. Since you use security questions you do not have this type of security and cannot use its account recovery process.

Instead do you have a device still signed in to the same Apple ID and can you turn on two factor authentication following Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support ?

Oct 16, 2023 12:30 AM in response to shoeluvr13

they changed my security questions so i cannot remove the phone nor change my security questions. apple support has no provision other than to say so sorry we cannot help you. to turn on two factor authentication requires answering the security questions and having an apple device already logged in which i do not have. i am in a loop here.

Apr 22, 2024 12:36 PM in response to shoeluvr13

Thanks for your response. I dont have any apple devices active, simply received emails about the change of password, security questions and date of birth this morning all within one minute.

What could be the worst thing to happen in this case? Apple support says there's nothing I can do to stop this person from accessing or using my private information which is quite disturbing. Hopefully they won't do no harm anymore.

Apr 22, 2024 10:55 PM in response to shoeluvr13

support asked for my id, i provided it. i submitted screen shots of being logged in. it's my email address which i enter to log into apple.com. I DID not add security questions "especially not in another language" to my profile, but even with submitting all that I did, support still won't give me control of my account. I have proven the profile is mine and they still won't help me fix it. i even logged into the support site to leave this reply. you said "Your option now is to submit proof of ownership of the phone to Apple" this is after I stated I did not have an apple device much less the phone they added after they got into my account. i removed all of my personal information from the profile.

[Edited by Moderator]

Hacked changed security questions.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.