Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Business incorrectly listed as 'Permanently Closed' in Apple Maps

A few times now people have rung my small business to ask if we are open because Apple Maps says we are 'Permanently Closed'.

Steps taken so far:

• Have checked the details on https://businessconnect.apple.com/. It says we are open.
  • Have tried to report the issue a number of times via the Apple Map app. Now have 5 reports in review. Looks like no one checks these.
  • Have emailed the places-on-maps-support@apple.com, which was supplied by a support call worker. No replies.

Thought Businessconnect would allow direct control of our listing but does not seem to be the case.

I feel this is really bad if people think our small business is listed as permanently closed but I don't know how long we've been listed as such and what else I can do about it.

btw Google Maps is listing us as open so it's definitely a Apple Maps issue.

Please help.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 8:35 PM

Thanks nbotros but I finally got a reply to my email to places-on-maps-support@apple.com and they did fix the 'Permanently Closed' status problem.

Unfortunately in the process of changing the aforementioned business status somehow the business website was somehow changed. Hopefully they can resolve that too.

2 replies

Oct 16, 2023 3:18 PM in response to harryscollar

Hello harryscollar,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’ve taken some really great steps so far, and we'd be happy to get you pointed in the right direction to get some help.

In this specific situation, we'd recommend getting in touch with Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you might be able to contact them here: Get Support

Kind regards.

Business incorrectly listed as 'Permanently Closed' in Apple Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.