Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps showing business permanently closed

Apple Maps is showing my business is permanently closed. My business has never been closed. I just do not understand how this could happen without verification from the business owner. Attempts to correct this lead me in an endless loop. I keep being directed to the link below which states:

Service Maintenance

Places on Maps service maintenance is in progress. Please come back later.

Thank you for your help!

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 5:34 PM

Hello AppleBSJan1023, Ok now I understand the issue. Now the problem is how to address. I found this Apple Support Page on the issue. Because you don't have an Apple Device I would go straight to the bottom of the Support Page where is says "Contact Apple Support" and click on "Get Started" to be directed to someone that can help you fix this issue. Hope this helps.

If Maps isn't working on your Apple device - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2023 5:34 PM in response to AppleBSJan1023

Hello AppleBSJan1023, Ok now I understand the issue. Now the problem is how to address. I found this Apple Support Page on the issue. Because you don't have an Apple Device I would go straight to the bottom of the Support Page where is says "Contact Apple Support" and click on "Get Started" to be directed to someone that can help you fix this issue. Hope this helps.

If Maps isn't working on your Apple device - Apple Support

Jan 10, 2023 9:52 AM in response to AppleBSJan1023

Hello AppleBSJan1023, You may have already tried this not sure, but in Apple Maps if you scroll to the bottom of the screen you'll see three options one of them being "Report an Issue". Click on that and more options come up one being "Report Place Issue". Click on that and it will ask you to enter "Enter a Place". I did not go any further, but I assume it will ask for more information from you. Hope this helps.

Jan 10, 2023 2:50 PM in response to GeeZ06

Thank you GeeZ06, I appreciate your help. Actually, I cannot access my business profile because the only way to do that is from an Apple device.

I no longer have an Apple Device. Attempts to do so online also fail. Why? Because the link to change or update Apple Maps is under perpetual Service Maintenance, Noting "Places

on Maps service maintenance is in progress. Please come back later."

I am caught in an endless loop to this page https://register.apple.com/maintenance/placesonmaps

Apple Maps showing business permanently closed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.