Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Mac Studio vibration and noises

I have a Mac Studio ( a tad over a year old) running on Sonomo 14.0. The device works fine with no issues as fas as I can tell. But there's this vibrating sound that emanates from the device randomly. It isn't consistent. I can't duplicate this noise at will. But if I move the Mac when this vibration happens, the noise stops. has anyone else experienced this issue ? Would it be better to take this Mac to my local store for a check ? What exactly are my options ?

here's a video of the sounds for reference .

Till about 0:22 sounds its vibrating. the moment I move it, the sound stops.

p:s - I dont have Apple care .

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 8:30 AM

There have been a lot of complaints about noise related to the original Mac studio, that defied our attempts here on the forums to categorize them or limit them to anything in particular.

Then this guy comes up with a different theory. He says it's whistling, like a flute:

https://basicappleguy.com/basicappleblog/the-case-of-the-singing-studio

updated Mac studio has an ever-so slightly different treatment of the grille at the corners, and I don't think it's down to ease-of manufacture.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2023 8:30 AM in response to lonewanderer83

There have been a lot of complaints about noise related to the original Mac studio, that defied our attempts here on the forums to categorize them or limit them to anything in particular.

Then this guy comes up with a different theory. He says it's whistling, like a flute:

https://basicappleguy.com/basicappleblog/the-case-of-the-singing-studio

updated Mac studio has an ever-so slightly different treatment of the grille at the corners, and I don't think it's down to ease-of manufacture.

Mac Studio vibration and noises

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.