You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to print PDF file after updating to macOS Sonoma.

I’m on Mac mini M1. 

Since the update to MacOS Sonoma I can’t print pdf files. 

In the Print window I click Print and I get the following message: 

“The document could not be printed.”

I click OK and then this message appears:

“There were no pages selected to print.”

I click OK and nothing happens.

I would really appreciate your help with this issue.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 12:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2024 6:56 AM

32 replies

Feb 17, 2024 9:52 AM in response to Keys412

I don't want to install a lower version. I paid for Acrobat Pro. I also don't want to uninstall/reinstall. I have my own 'tools' set up with all the functions I typically use. I'd have to re-do everything.

I've also heard older posts (well over a year back) where Apple said it's a known issue. Why is it taking so long to be resolved ?

Oct 25, 2023 2:58 PM in response to kjscooter

I can print the same document in its Word format, but not PDF. I hope the techs monitor these discussions, since there's no app failure which allows for an alert to Apple.

Are you generating that PDF from a Word Document? There are several posts documenting Word having issues printing bullets. It sounds like some sort of font conflict with current version of Word 365. I have an older version of Word and I don't have any such problems printing.

Unable to print PDF file after updating to macOS Sonoma.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.