Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Backspace doesn't work in iCloud calendar...

With the latest update, the backspace does not work when creating/editing an event...what happened?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 11:16 AM

Hey pjmatelli,

There may be a setting or an issue with the web browser. Since you know the issue doesn't occur when using Google Chrome, you'd want to troubleshoot and check the settings in Mozilla Firefox. We've provided the link to Mozilla Firefox support here: Mozilla Support They're the experts that you'd want to contact for assistance with Mozilla Firefox.

Take care.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2023 11:16 AM in response to pjmatelli

Hey pjmatelli,

There may be a setting or an issue with the web browser. Since you know the issue doesn't occur when using Google Chrome, you'd want to troubleshoot and check the settings in Mozilla Firefox. We've provided the link to Mozilla Firefox support here: Mozilla Support They're the experts that you'd want to contact for assistance with Mozilla Firefox.

Take care.

Oct 19, 2023 10:49 AM in response to pjmatelli

Hi pjmatelli,

We appreciate those additional details. So that we can continue to isolate this issue, are you able to use the backspace key on your PC in other applications or websites? Does backspace work as expected in another app on the iCloud website like Notes?

Also, does this occur on another computer or device you can use to access the iCloud website?

Let's ensure you are following the steps outlined here to add and edit these events on your computer as well: Add and edit an event in a calendar on iCloud.com

Thanks!

Nov 8, 2023 2:36 PM in response to pjmatelli

I have the same issue, and have multiple tabs open in Firefox, all of which allow the backspace to work. The other issue is the previous version allowed entering just a number in the start or end time fields (e.g., 3) and it would automatically assume 3:00. That is no longer the case - have to enter the full hour, colon and minutes. I don't think this is a Firefox issue - it's iCloud.

Dec 3, 2023 11:59 AM in response to pmrose9

Add me to the list. I've been using Firefox for years and have had no problems with Backspace until the latest iCloud update. I still have absolutely no problems with Backspace in any app other than iCloud.

What did Apple do to make this not work any longer in Firefox, and why is it users' responsibility to tease out the answer from Mozilla one by one?

Backspace doesn't work in iCloud calendar...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.