Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Two different MDMs (two different devices but single Apple ID on both) possible?

I work as a contractor for two different companies, and unfortunately both of them started requiring installation of an MDM profile on my phone. I understand that Apple does not allow multiple MDMs on a single device (regretfully), so I'm contemplating adding my second MDM to another device. Can I do that and still be signed into the same Apple ID on both devices? Since this will likely involve me buying a new phone and keeping my current one for one of the MDMs, I want to be sure it will work. If not, I'll either regretfully switch to Android, which does allow for multiple MDMs on a single device. I need to be able to have both companies' MDMs on two phones with a single Apple ID signed into both.

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 10:54 AM

You can have the same Apple ID on multiple devices, and it’s a useful thing to do as long as the devices are used by the same person.

It’s actually fortunate that one device can’t have 2 MDMs; because if it could the administrators could have conflicts over what security settings to use or could cancel or override each other’s settings.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2023 10:54 AM in response to ADM_09

You can have the same Apple ID on multiple devices, and it’s a useful thing to do as long as the devices are used by the same person.

It’s actually fortunate that one device can’t have 2 MDMs; because if it could the administrators could have conflicts over what security settings to use or could cancel or override each other’s settings.

Two different MDMs (two different devices but single Apple ID on both) possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.