Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We have 30 new iPads we have an Apple Business Account. We have purchased Apps and now want to assign them to the new iPads. Is there a manual or is there a simple set of instructions to get from where i am to where i need to be please.

We have 30 new iPads we have an Apple Business Account setup. We have purchased Apps and now want to assign them to the new iPads. Is there a manual or is there a simple set of instructions to get from where I am to where I need to be please. Do I need an MDM Server, to add the iPads to, and then can I apply the apps once I can see the devices through Business Account. How do I set up an MDM Server please

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 2:33 PM

You do need an MDM platform to assign the apps. They range in price from a little to a lot. Jamf Now is free for the first 3 devices and devices beyond that are $2/device/month. Fleetsmith (now owned by Apple) is free for the first 10 devices and devices beyond that are $8.25/device/month. Mosyle doesn't have a free option, but is $1/device/month.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2022 2:33 PM in response to MuirIosaAdmin

You do need an MDM platform to assign the apps. They range in price from a little to a lot. Jamf Now is free for the first 3 devices and devices beyond that are $2/device/month. Fleetsmith (now owned by Apple) is free for the first 10 devices and devices beyond that are $8.25/device/month. Mosyle doesn't have a free option, but is $1/device/month.

We have 30 new iPads we have an Apple Business Account. We have purchased Apps and now want to assign them to the new iPads. Is there a manual or is there a simple set of instructions to get from where i am to where i need to be please.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.