Repeating iCal entry that I can't delete

I'm not sure how I did it, but I created a recurring event that was only supposed to occur monthly. It's showing on my calendar as an all-day, every day 'busy' event, and when I try to delete it, I can only do that one day at a time. The 'delete all future events' function doesn't display. This thing seems to be on my calendar into perpetuity.

I was able to delete them individually through the end of 2023, but starting in January, I can't seem to get them to go away. I see an error icon that says: 'The request for [event name] in [my email account] in account [my email name] failed. The server responded with "400."'

HELP!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 9:36 AM

It's remarkable that the edit window has the field "show as" but not "repetition". What version of MacOS or OSX is this computer using? I'm on Sonoma (14.0) and it's the opposite.

If you still cannot get rid of the event(s) after restarting the computer you can try this other trick. Create a new disposable calendar and switch the event to this calendar. Hopefully the whole series will switch at the same time. Then delete the calendar.

I see the event you created is from midnight to midnight. You'd be better off checking the all-day box instead.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2023 9:36 AM in response to Cams_Question

It's remarkable that the edit window has the field "show as" but not "repetition". What version of MacOS or OSX is this computer using? I'm on Sonoma (14.0) and it's the opposite.

If you still cannot get rid of the event(s) after restarting the computer you can try this other trick. Create a new disposable calendar and switch the event to this calendar. Hopefully the whole series will switch at the same time. Then delete the calendar.

I see the event you created is from midnight to midnight. You'd be better off checking the all-day box instead.

Oct 19, 2023 8:08 PM in response to Cams_Question

By your description I cannot say for sure that this is the problem, but let's check. Many people make the mistake of setting repeating events with the start date on the first occurrence of the event and the end date on its last occurrence. No. The end date is the end date (and time if not an all-day event) of the first occurrence. The date of the last repetition must be set separately lower in the event window.

Now for the error you're getting I can only suggest at this point to restart your computer.

Repeating iCal entry that I can't delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.