Ms office on a MacBook air with m2 processor

Does ms office run on a m2 macbook air

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 3:56 PM

Otto59 Said:

"Ms office on a MacBook air with m2 processor: Does ms office run on a m2 MacBook air"

-------

MS Office for a M2 Mac:

What is version will run depends on it compatibility with your macOS, along with the model of your Mac. The following works on MacBook Air (15-inch, M2, 2023): Microsoft Office Home and Student 2021 (One Mac) - Apple

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2023 3:56 PM in response to Otto59

Otto59 Said:

"Ms office on a MacBook air with m2 processor: Does ms office run on a m2 MacBook air"

-------

MS Office for a M2 Mac:

What is version will run depends on it compatibility with your macOS, along with the model of your Mac. The following works on MacBook Air (15-inch, M2, 2023): Microsoft Office Home and Student 2021 (One Mac) - Apple

Oct 19, 2023 6:02 PM in response to TheLittles

I agree with TheLittles, and will actually be uninstalling it after the current years' subscription expires and move to using Pages, Keynote, and Numbers 100% of the time.

I have seen some pretty low prices on the MS Office Home & Student...usually less than $45 or so. But I so rarely use the MS apps anymore (since I retired) I'll just work with the Apple apps.

Jan 26, 2024 8:48 PM in response to Otto59

I have the same question but specifically for the MS 365 Business Standard subscription. It says in the MS link below under ‘requirements’ tab that the MAC OS processor must be intel.

See link to requirements.

I’m planning to use a MacBook Pro with an M chip.

Thanks 🌺

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/microsoft-365/business/microsoft-365-business-standard?activetab=pivot:requirementstab

Jan 26, 2024 11:36 PM in response to misskeys78

That must be a mistake - requiring Intel processor.

I have been using MS office 365 on Mac Mini M1, Mac Studio M1, and now Macbook Air M2.

However, I have not tried to load the MS Office desktop version on any Mac silicon product.

I have been having synching issues using MS One Drive, but it seems like it has always been a problem with MS 365. It makes me wonder if I could load the MS office desktop version and get One Drive to work better but I think there is something else going on.

Oct 19, 2023 6:09 PM in response to LNOM

LNOM Said:

"Yes, I'm using MS Office 365 on MacBook Air with M2 processor. However, I don't understand your post. Would you mind explaining further? And thank you."

-------

To Emphasize:

MS Office 365 is ideal for those who have up to 3 or 5 computers ---So, if you have 5 computers, rather than spending more than a grand in USD for all of your computer, you'd just pay $99.99 for all, and for one year. That s the benefit of MS Office 1 Device or MS Office 365. So, for one computer, 1 device purchase is the way to go about this, IMO,

Ms office on a MacBook air with m2 processor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.