Cannot receive or send emails

I cannot send or receive emails. When trying to open mail it says it cannot connect. I have a gmail account I was using on my Mac OS Catalina. Google pops us and says it needs authentication and to open server but nothing happens. Please help. I have been without email for 2 weeks now!!!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 4:43 PM

Please refer to If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support

If you are still stuck, please call AppleCare, to find the phone number for your corner of the planet please click:

AppleCare Contact Info

Finally, you can ALWAYS get your e-mail from your e-mail provider. For example if you are using Gmail then navigate to Gmail.com or if you are using your ISP's such as Comcast go to Xfinity.com.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2023 4:43 PM in response to anniefrustrated

Please refer to If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support

If you are still stuck, please call AppleCare, to find the phone number for your corner of the planet please click:

AppleCare Contact Info

Finally, you can ALWAYS get your e-mail from your e-mail provider. For example if you are using Gmail then navigate to Gmail.com or if you are using your ISP's such as Comcast go to Xfinity.com.

Cannot receive or send emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.