Phisical upgrade on Mac book pro 14-inch, 2023.

Hello I have a Mac book pro 14-inch, 2023. Running with 16gb but facing some issues with memory usage and would like to upgrade to 32Gb is that possible ?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 5:57 PM

Alas, no...it's not possible. (I have seen a YT video showing a Mac technician changing a hard drive in a newer Mac, but don't think he changed out RAM).

The reason is that the RAM is soldered directly onto the motherboard, speeding up the Mac's performance. So unless you're a pretty experienced electronics tech familiar with Mac circuitry, RAM isn't something that can be changed.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2023 5:57 PM in response to Aminechakr

Alas, no...it's not possible. (I have seen a YT video showing a Mac technician changing a hard drive in a newer Mac, but don't think he changed out RAM).

The reason is that the RAM is soldered directly onto the motherboard, speeding up the Mac's performance. So unless you're a pretty experienced electronics tech familiar with Mac circuitry, RAM isn't something that can be changed.

Phisical upgrade on Mac book pro 14-inch, 2023.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.