Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Text Message Screen

My text message screen is Stuck on Horizontal. Have

checked Orientation Lock and It IS OFF…How do I Unstuck It and change it to VERTICAL VS HORIZONTAL….

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 7:44 PM

ImuaKS1965 Said:

"Text Message Screen: My text message screen is Stuck on Horizontal. Have checked Orientation Lock and It IS OFF…How do I Unstuck It and change it to VERTICAL VS HORIZONTAL…."

-------

Report back if this does the trick..

Close all apps and then restart your iPhone:

• How to Close All Apps:

An app is accessing your audio. So, close all apps. Hold you finger down as you swipe up from the bottom-left corner of your screen. Then, close all of these open apps, by sweeping up quickly for all apps.

• How to Restart your iPhone:

Go here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2023 7:44 PM in response to ImuaKS1965

ImuaKS1965 Said:

"Text Message Screen: My text message screen is Stuck on Horizontal. Have checked Orientation Lock and It IS OFF…How do I Unstuck It and change it to VERTICAL VS HORIZONTAL…."

-------

Report back if this does the trick..

Close all apps and then restart your iPhone:

• How to Close All Apps:

An app is accessing your audio. So, close all apps. Hold you finger down as you swipe up from the bottom-left corner of your screen. Then, close all of these open apps, by sweeping up quickly for all apps.

• How to Restart your iPhone:

Go here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Text Message Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.