Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Spam Emails

I don’t know if the community can help with this. I get a lot of spam emails that don’t use my email address but Apple allows them to come through. They difficult to block because there are so many email addresses to write down. Once I unsubscribe to one, it seems like I get five more from the same company. Any suggestions?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 6:28 AM

3 replies

Oct 20, 2023 6:46 AM in response to Dori_Diva

Dori_Diva wrote:

Apple allows them to come through.

Spam emails have nothing to do with Apple.

In fact, I get them in my inbox as well.

Think of spam emails as phishing attempts to trigger a response.

If you respond, then you are telling the spammer that your email address has a live person (victim actually).

At that point, you are automatically added to mailing lists and by selling your information to those lists, they are making money off of you.

NEVER click unsubscribe.

The only thing you can do is to delete and ignore.

Oct 20, 2023 6:49 AM in response to Dori_Diva

I right click on spam messages and choose 'block contact' for spam in my inbox. I never unsubscribe - that tells spammers your address is active.

After a quick check of my junk folder for anything of value, I delete all the junk. If you right click on any mailbox, you can click on the option to either 'erase junk mail' or 'erase deleted items' to simplify deleting multiple messages in all junk and trash folders..

Spam Emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.