Why am I not able to see my Apple Watch phone number

I recently upgraded my iPhone and the Apple store paired my Apple watch to my new phone but I am not seeing my cellular number for my Apple watch

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 10

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 8:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 3:06 PM

AndyBoAust wrote:

Thanks. My Apple watch has an additional line with it's own phone number. I reset the watch and now I am able to see the phone number in the Watch app on my phone. But I am still not able to receive any calls on it.

If your Apple Watch is correctly paired to your iPhone and your network has configured the watch correctly onto your iPhone's calling plan, what you describe is correct. The watch shares the same phone number with the iPhone. If an incoming call goes to the iPhone number then both the phone and the watch can be used to answer the call. If you make a call starting from the Apple Watch it will appear to be on the same line as your iPhone.

The Apple Watch has a phone number assigned by your network, but this is only used internally to identify the device for network admin and technical purposes. In a correct configuration it should never be usable to originate or receive calls.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2023 3:06 PM in response to AndyBoAust

AndyBoAust wrote:

Thanks. My Apple watch has an additional line with it's own phone number. I reset the watch and now I am able to see the phone number in the Watch app on my phone. But I am still not able to receive any calls on it.

If your Apple Watch is correctly paired to your iPhone and your network has configured the watch correctly onto your iPhone's calling plan, what you describe is correct. The watch shares the same phone number with the iPhone. If an incoming call goes to the iPhone number then both the phone and the watch can be used to answer the call. If you make a call starting from the Apple Watch it will appear to be on the same line as your iPhone.

The Apple Watch has a phone number assigned by your network, but this is only used internally to identify the device for network admin and technical purposes. In a correct configuration it should never be usable to originate or receive calls.

Why am I not able to see my Apple Watch phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.