So a website says the current browser isn't supported, so I have to update my whole OS to fix it?????

I have a computer, chase.com won't let me use safari, I have to update my whole OS to use safari.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 8:50 AM

Chase now requires Safari 16 or higher (if you use Safari).

If you are using macOS Catalina, 10.15.7, that doesn't support any Safari version higher than Safari 15.6.1.

To upgrade Safari from Safari 15.6.1 to a later version you would need to upgrade your Mac from macOS 10.15.7 to a later version.

If you can’t or don’t want to upgrade, you may want to use a 3rd party internet browser that supports running their current version on your Mac. One option is Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/

macOS upgrade information for an iMac:

The model year of an iMac is available at Apple menu > About This Mac.

A late 2012 through late 2013 iMac can be upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 but no later. See: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

A mid 2014 and late 2014 iMac can be upgraded to the latest version of Big Sur macOS 11 but no later. See: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

A late 2015 iMac can be upgraded to the latest version of Monterey macOS 12 but no later. See: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

A 2017 iMac can be upgraded to the latest version of Ventura macOS 13 but no later. See: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support  

A 2019 or later iMac can be upgraded to the current version of Sonoma macOS 14. See:How to upgrade to macOS Sonoma - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2023 8:50 AM in response to regeiger1004

Chase now requires Safari 16 or higher (if you use Safari).

If you are using macOS Catalina, 10.15.7, that doesn't support any Safari version higher than Safari 15.6.1.

To upgrade Safari from Safari 15.6.1 to a later version you would need to upgrade your Mac from macOS 10.15.7 to a later version.

If you can’t or don’t want to upgrade, you may want to use a 3rd party internet browser that supports running their current version on your Mac. One option is Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/

macOS upgrade information for an iMac:

The model year of an iMac is available at Apple menu > About This Mac.

A late 2012 through late 2013 iMac can be upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 but no later. See: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

A mid 2014 and late 2014 iMac can be upgraded to the latest version of Big Sur macOS 11 but no later. See: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

A late 2015 iMac can be upgraded to the latest version of Monterey macOS 12 but no later. See: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

A 2017 iMac can be upgraded to the latest version of Ventura macOS 13 but no later. See: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support  

A 2019 or later iMac can be upgraded to the current version of Sonoma macOS 14. See:How to upgrade to macOS Sonoma - Apple Support

So a website says the current browser isn't supported, so I have to update my whole OS to fix it?????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.