Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Macbook boot loop with purple lines on the apple logo

Hello

I was using my computer normally, but when I opened Safari, the screen turned into a purple screen with straight white lines.

I force shut down it (pressing the power on button for 9 seconds)

Then I boot it again the apple logo was kinda purple and there is short purple lines on the apple logo

When I boot it and I wait for 10 seconds the apple logo and the progress bar disappeared then it reboot and reboot and it keeps rebooting doing the same problem (on safe mode too) so I booted into mac OS recovery but when the progress bar completed it shows some bleu lines and black screen

Then I press the cmd+s to boot into single-user the screen was little bleu lines but the word were clear (I can see them good)

So why is this happening?

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 11:38 AM

king_jhon12 wrote:

Hello
I was using my computer normally, but when I opened Safari, the screen turned into a purple screen with straight white lines.
Then I boot it again the apple logo was kinda purple and there is short purple lines on the apple logo
When I boot it and I wait for 10 seconds the apple logo and the progress bar disappeared then it reboot and reboot and it keeps rebooting doing the same problem (on safe mode too) so I booted into mac OS recovery but when the progress bar completed it shows some bleu lines and black screen
Then I press the cmd+s to boot into single-user the screen was little bleu lines but the word were clear (I can see them good)

you have a display issue

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2023 11:38 AM in response to king_jhon12

king_jhon12 wrote:

Hello

you have a display issue

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Macbook boot loop with purple lines on the apple logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.