Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iPhone 15 Pro Max cellular service issues

I kept getting weak 4G/5G signal on my iphone 15 pro max. Or sometimes when i have full bars with 5G but somehow the page/video/game isnt loading. Anyone facing same issue? I did a restart/network reset/factory reset but no use

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2023 12:40 AM

We can clearly see that 136 people are facing the same problem plus a dozen more that didn't complaint yet but are about to. Apple need to come up with an update and get this sorted please ASAP.

218 replies

Nov 10, 2023 2:24 PM in response to mrokarkd250

Me Too! I upgraded from the 13 pro max to the white 15 pro max 1TB. My service is awful. I have AT&T. At home I used to have full bars and now I just have one. My productivity on the phone has decreased cause I’m constantly waiting for pages to load ! I have reset the network settings and the phone !! I’m just so annoyed !!!

Dec 27, 2023 2:26 PM in response to mrokarkd250

I’m having the same issue after switching from an XR to 15 Pro Max on Verizon. Getting significantly worse service everywhere I go, with many places having weak or no signal, including in my apartment which used to have great signal. I’m using eSIM only. Had no issues with iPhone XR and nothing but issues with the new 15 Pro Max. Any surefire fixes for this? Apple hello? Anyone there?

Nov 3, 2023 2:36 PM in response to Suntrax

My wife is having the same issue as you! We also switched from the iPhone13PM to the 15PM.

I have no had any issues however, she is saying that her signal drops and says “SOS” at the top of her screen.

she then has to reboot in order to regain service.

I am going to contact my carrier to see if there’s anything they can do on their end.

I will keep you posted as to what the resolution is! If you find a solution, would you be willing to post it here as well?

Thanks! 😊

Nov 9, 2023 5:11 PM in response to mrokarkd250

Me too. It appears that the iPhone 13 was the gold standard. I went from a 13 Max to a 14 Pro and the signal was worse. I walk the same path every day and do work calls and the 14 Pro had dropouts that the 13 Max never did. I chalked it up to having a smaller antenna and moved on. Now that I have a 15 Pro, it’s SO much worse. Dropouts galore. SOS when in the city. I have no clue how this is happening to so many people. I reset my network settings but that didn’t help. Was thinking to just take the hit and trade in for a max but now that I’m seeing all these max owners complaining, I guess we just hope for the best with iPhone 16. Feels like I just dropped a grand on the best iPod Touch ever made that can occasionally make cellular calls when in the line-of-site of a cell tower.

Space-X is going to put a cell network in space in 2026 so we gotta grind it out until then unless Apple course-corrects.

Nov 10, 2023 12:52 PM in response to mrokarkd250

Just bought an iPhone 15 pro max in px for a iPhone 12 Pro max. Obviously swopped over SIM card from old 12 pro max to the 15 pro max. I’m visiting the exact same places that I have been to for the last 3 years and I’m noticing that I’m not getting the same signal strength as I did with the 12 pro max, sometimes no signal at all.

I’m puzzled. I’m reading that other users are saying the 15 pro max is far better at signal reception??? Not so.

Im in the UK using the Three network and thinking of returning the iPhone to the Apple store.

Nov 1, 2023 4:22 PM in response to mrokarkd250

I am working with two phones. both phones are using the same network. One of them is my new iPhone 15 pro and the other one is Samsung galaxy S22two ultra. When travelling, my signal is constantly dropping off 4G or 5G on my iPhone, but not on my Samsung. previously I’ve had iPhone 13 pro Max and I never had this problem. Spoken to Apple support today over the phone, but not joy. They recommended me to go to the store to go and run some diagnostic apparently. Not quite happy

Jan 18, 2024 4:37 PM in response to mrokarkd250

I chatted with Technical Support today and I was advised to do the following:

Let's have you try doing a Reset of all settings for the iPhone. This reset will clear the underlying settings of iOS, including your home page layout, Touch/Face ID, Apple Pay, and saved Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections. Please make sure you have your Wi-Fi password handy before proceeding.

This will not clear any Apps, Songs, Photos, or other saved content from the device. You will perform the actual reset by going into Settings and choosing General, tap Transfer or Reset, choose Reset, then you should see the option to Reset All Settings.

The solution is working for me…at least thus far…the past 3 hours. I am sitting in my living room where I typically cannot answer a call. I just answered a call with no problem and I have been able to call others successful. I hope the solution works for you!

Melinda

Nov 24, 2023 1:12 AM in response to opolopo

I had a long telephone call with my service-provider, T-Mobile. The problem we found out is as follows:

When migrating from the iPhone 13 pro max to the iPhone 15 pro max, data from a mobile phone card that I used in an iPhone 11 in Australia was apparently carried along. There I used the device with an Australian card from Hutchinson. This card had htpwap as APN settings. These are exactly the settings that appear when I insert a T-Mobile SIM card into my iPhone 15 pro max and they are incorrect. Overwriting the APN to the correct setting solves the problem of the missing data connection, but the device still seems to get confused and whenever you lose the network, the device only gets an edge connection and only when you switch it off and on once or several times then finally a T-Mobile 5G connection. The question now is: how do you get this old setting overwritten? A solution that works is to completely reinstall the device without a backup. But I don't want that because then all the data will be gone. Does anyone know a solution? I haven't tried it with the 2 SIM cards yet, I'm still doing that.

Nov 21, 2023 9:12 PM in response to mrokarkd250

Yes, I have that issue also where the cellular randomly disconnects and it’ll show SOS and I have to restart my phone to get it back. My iPad is on the same network and it has 0 issues. Also, even though my phone shows 5g, the network is SLOW. My iPad is way faster. And I can always tell when the cellular is about to take a dump, because my touch screen will not work from the top half down, like where the keyboard is. It’s annoying. I miss my 12 pro max.

Oct 22, 2023 12:40 PM in response to mrokarkd250

Hey Stupidapplee,

It sounds like you have already performed most of the steps in If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Just to make sure you cover all your bases, we recommend that you check for a carrier settings update and connect with your carrier to confirm expected coverage and any potential issues with your account or network.

Check for a Carrier Settings update
To manually check for and install a carrier settings update:
1. Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
2. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.
3. To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier.
If you insert a new SIM card into your iPhone or iPad, you need to download the carrier settings for your new carrier.

If you're still experiencing issues with your cellular data connection and loading content, connect with Apple Support over the phone. They will typically have the best tools and resources to troubleshoot an issue with one of their products. You can set up a call from the Get Support portal in most countries.

Kindest Regards.

Nov 14, 2023 2:52 PM in response to elisandra11

Final confirmation that a re-provision of my eSIM by Verizon (via chat support on Verizon app right from the comfort of my home) did in fact provide a major enhancement to cellular calls in a rural environment where I was having catastrophic failure on the new iPhone 15 Pro. It doesn't sound like it's helping everyone but it did for me so I recommend at least doing that before trying to do a return.

Dec 31, 2023 8:40 AM in response to mrokarkd250

I just got the 15 pro max switched to boost infinite and I’m sorry I did. I get perfect signal at my house but anywhere else it’s pretty wonky. My car says I’m constantly roaming. I was on the phone where I had 1 bar and my friend told me i kept cutting out. I had 12 pro max with att and regret getting rid of my phone and service. Worst of all I cannot get WiFi calling to work. I’ve had phone since Friday before Christmas and there is still no resolution to my problem. I’ve done everything they asked, spoke to them twice on phone and **** even went to the Apple Store on Christmas Eve. Thinking of returning this phone and getting an older model getting back on ATT

iPhone 15 Pro Max cellular service issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.