iPhone 13 Pro dead after update to 17

After updating iPhone pro 13 got phone dead. Screen was blinking with blue screen and took to apple care and they said it is due to software update. What is the process to get replacement as this is due apple software. Please advise and obviously out of warranty

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 8:15 PM

As far as options with Apple, you can pay the out of warranty replacement cost of $549 if you have the 13 Pro. They won't cover costs of replacement for hardware failure.

I'd advise for you to check with your cellular service provider to see if you have any type of insurance with them, otherwise, it's time to upgrade.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2023 8:15 PM in response to unhappyappleuser2023

As far as options with Apple, you can pay the out of warranty replacement cost of $549 if you have the 13 Pro. They won't cover costs of replacement for hardware failure.

I'd advise for you to check with your cellular service provider to see if you have any type of insurance with them, otherwise, it's time to upgrade.

Oct 21, 2023 8:24 PM in response to unhappyappleuser2023

unhappyappleuser2023 Said:

"iPhone 13 Pro dead after update to 17: After updating iPhone pro 13 got phone dead. Screen was blinking with blue screen and took to apple care and they said it is due to software update. What is the process to get replacement as this is due apple software. Please advise and obviously out of warranty"

-------

Being Stuck in a Boot Loop:

Your iPhone might be stuck in a boot loop. This typically happens when you unsuccessfully download something or an install stalls while in the process.  So, refer to my User Tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

iPhone 13 Pro dead after update to 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.