Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone 15 pro and pro max too slow on wifi connection

iPhone 15 Pro and IPhone 15 Pro are too slow on wifi connectivity. Photos takes more time to load, uploads take longer time than usual.

on cellular 5G connectivity, everything is fine.

switched from iPhone 12 Pro, never faced any wifi slowness .

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 9:46 AM

Same issues here on Oct 31, 2023. iPhone 15 Pro WiFi slowness and frequent drops altogether. Videos freeze, feeds stop loading. Unbelievably bad performance for a new phone. My iPhone 11 was fine.

58 replies

Dec 10, 2023 11:33 AM in response to bedibalbir

What is going on with the iPhone 15 pro. I traded my iPhone 13 for the 15 pro and I am hating it. I can’t even type sometimes. It doesn’t load the keyboard sometimes. When I’m trying to use the Google site to search stuff the phone displays a blank page. I already restarted the phone like 3 times and nothing changed. When I try to take pictures it takes so long and the pictures come out blurry. I never had this issue with my 13.

How do I fix this? Should I just go back to the 13?

Oct 30, 2023 8:13 PM in response to bedibalbir

Since apple wont pay anyone the time of day on this which is triggering, I have pretty much tried everything (full phone reset and everything else) until I started troubleshooting my network settings on my router. I suspect this is a combo of IOS and network compatibility issue. I was able to fix my issues by changing my WiFi channel on 5ghz and 2.4 GHZ bands. It almost seems as if there is network interference. The issue is clearly with the phone hardware / software but had to adjust router settings in order to get a useful network connection. No one should have to go through this much trouble to get a brand new phone to use WiFi, get your act together and support your devices Apple. If you’re not tech savvy you may want to reach out to your to your internet service provider for help or YouTube.

Oct 21, 2023 8:46 PM in response to bedibalbir

bedibalbir Said:

"iPhone 15 pro and pro max too slow on wifi connection: iPhone 15 Pro and IPhone 15 Pro are too slow on wifi connectivity. Photos takes more time to load, uploads take longer time than usual. on cellular 5G connectivity, everything is fine. switched from iPhone 12 Pro, never faced any wifi slowness ."

-------

Does your iPhone Feel Hot?

Overeating iPhone and draining iPhone battery is a well-known issue. Power is a big concern for iPhone series compatible with iOS 17. Question is: "Just how many people have actually reported this to Apple?" So, this overheating may be making this occur.

Report this to Apple...

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Jan 10, 2024 6:06 AM in response to bedibalbir

New iPhone 15 Max pro is running off of our 1000Mbps internet but only able to run at roughly 60mbps. I've read that turning off the 6E setting will help with but this phone does not have that setting, in settings.

Also read to make sure VPN is off. This also was not an issue.

I have an older company iPhone that works fine. I have a google pixel that runs fine as well. Something is wrong with this phone (2 months old) and I cant figure out how to get it to run properly.

PLEASE HELP WITH A SOLUTION APPLE. YOUR PRODUCT SUCKS.

***Forgot to mention I reset the network as well with no luck either***

Oct 21, 2023 8:21 PM in response to bedibalbir

bedibalbir Said:

"iPhone 15 pro and pro max too slow on wifi connection: iPhone 15 Pro and IPhone 15 Pro are too slow on wifi connectivity. Photos takes more time to load, uploads take longer time than usual. on cellular 5G connectivity, everything is fine. switched from iPhone 12 Pro, never faced any wifi slowness ."

-------

Troubleshooting Lagging iPhone WiFi:

Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

Other Thoughts:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If Safari is slow, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and CookiesGo Here: Clear your Safari browser history and set up content blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

D. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

Oct 29, 2023 4:43 PM in response to bedibalbir

I am right there with you friend. I can’t believe how slow this phone is. I almost kept my 12 because is was faster. But my millennial employee assured me that they will fix with an update. So I sent my old phone back. Regretting it now. This thing is embarrassingly slow. At Starbucks, I had to use cash, like a heathen, because my phone was so slow to add funds to my card. This is just one example. Cmon Apple. Don’t fail me now!

iPhone 15 pro and pro max too slow on wifi connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.