Why is my Home App only showing a blank screen on Mac post Sonoma update?

I have just install Mac OS SONOMA. It's clean, I only enter my Apple ID . when I start home app it show me only this: and nothing more.

In system control everything is on This is how my home app look on iPhone :

how to fix home app on Mac ?

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 9:39 PM

2 replies

Oct 22, 2023 4:51 PM in response to IgoG

Hello IgoG,

It may help to try restarting all devices using the Home app to help give them a quick refresh.

Also double-check if the Mac is connected to the internet, and isn't having connection issues in any other apps.

If there happens to be any VPNs or security software installed, try temporarily uninstalling them to help rule out any conflicts caused.

If nothing above helped then try leaving the Home app on the Mac open for 30 minutes. If a reset option appears after that time period you'll want to proceed with that. Resetting the Home app will delete all Home information, including anything stored in iCloud. All Home information will also be deleted from devices using the same Apple ID. After the home is reset, you will need to set up the home again. This includes resetting accessories to factory settings, adding accessories to the home again, recreating scenes, re-establishing home settings, and re-inviting guests to shared homes.

Cheers.

Apr 10, 2024 4:45 PM in response to IgoG

Eric_G1 suggestion does not sound reasonable. Deleting everything to get it to work on this one device? No. I have the same issue. It's my intel iMac that fails to show any home information. In my view it is an app failure and not the home acct or what is in it. Home works find on every other screen (5 screens) and works on all of the devices (switches, speakers, bulbs plugs) To blow everything out of the water to (maybe) fix that one UI ... nope.

[Edited by Moderator]

Why is my Home App only showing a blank screen on Mac post Sonoma update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.