You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 15 usb-c to lightning adapter doesn't work with Belkin Rockstar lightning to lighting + headphone adapter.

Can someone tell me why this doesn't work? I have a new iPhone 15 pro. I had recently purchased a Belkin Rockstar lighting to lighting + headphone adapter that worked great on my iPhone xR. When I got the new phone I purchased an Apple usb-c to lightning adapter and plugged that into the Belkin adapter thinking it should work for both charging and audio. The charging does work, however the audio doesn't. I would've expected this to work given that the one adapter is an Apple adapter and the Belkin is Apple certified.

Thanks.

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 6:47 AM

1 reply

Oct 22, 2023 5:44 PM in response to MrModus1878

Hi MrModus1878

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "iPhone 15 usb-c to lightning adapter doesn't work

with Belkin Rockstar lightning to lighting + headphone adapter".

Am no expert in this area ... however your request surely deserves some response.

Fortunately, Apple support has articles with appropriate info. available online (links below):

iPhone 15: Charge and connect with the USB-C connector on your iPhone 15 - Apple Support

and

Examples of iPhone 15 Compatible adapters etc.: Power & Cables - iPhone Accessories - Apple

Re: "Can someone tell me why this doesn't work?"

"I purchased an Apple usb-c to lightning adapter and plugged that into the Belkin adapter

thinking it should work for both charging and audio".

iOS17 : Power adapters for iPhone - Apple Support

more info: About Apple USB power adapters - Apple Support

About bluetooth headphones / audio devices with iOS 17

Set up and use Bluetooth accessories on iPhone - Apple Support:

or

Headphone jack adapter use / Use Apple wired headphones - Apple Support

Hope there's something helpful here, (or that others with more expertise join the discussion):

All the best :-)

iPhone 15 usb-c to lightning adapter doesn't work with Belkin Rockstar lightning to lighting + headphone adapter.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.