"Safari Can't Open the Page".

Hello, I cannot access a loan servicer on Safari. Instead, I receive the following message from Safari:

Any settings recommendations? I looked back in discussion forum history, and rendered the following prompts: Safari>Settings>Privacy>Manage Website Data>Remove Data. Safari continues to be unresponsive to the link that was clicked on. The link was sofi.mohela.com. Using iMac 2021. Running Sonoma 14.

iMac 24″

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 8:57 PM

Please review If Safari doesn't open a page or work as expected on your Mac - Apple Support. There are a few good suggestions in it, but they can be easily overlooked among others that are less useful. Be sure to review all of them.

Often, that message will appear if the Mac's network connection isn't very good. That can be temporary. Try a different network if you can.

In addition to removing website data try clearing Safari's history: Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

For what it's worth I was able to load that site without any trouble, but "can't establish a secure connection" is just that. That's all Safari was able to determine.

Needless to say, if you are using any non-Apple "anti-virus", "cleaning", or "Internet security" products including "banking security", anything at all in that broad category of utterly useless garbage, don't. A lot of things won't work if you do.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2023 8:57 PM in response to FlexSF

Please review If Safari doesn't open a page or work as expected on your Mac - Apple Support. There are a few good suggestions in it, but they can be easily overlooked among others that are less useful. Be sure to review all of them.

Often, that message will appear if the Mac's network connection isn't very good. That can be temporary. Try a different network if you can.

In addition to removing website data try clearing Safari's history: Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

For what it's worth I was able to load that site without any trouble, but "can't establish a secure connection" is just that. That's all Safari was able to determine.

Needless to say, if you are using any non-Apple "anti-virus", "cleaning", or "Internet security" products including "banking security", anything at all in that broad category of utterly useless garbage, don't. A lot of things won't work if you do.

Oct 22, 2023 9:04 PM in response to FlexSF

Here's an update for you. Using a different browser, I was able to determine the cause:

Um, no. My Mac's clock is correct.

The site is obviously defective. Specifically, it appears to be using a security certificate that's out of date. There is nothing you can do about that. Contact whoever maintains that site and tell them to fix it.

"Safari Can't Open the Page".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.