transfer of contacts

How do I transfer my contacts from my iPhone to my MacBook Pro?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 8:07 PM

It will be helpful to know what macOS version you are using.

However, with current Macs and iPhones the sync and data transfer functions can take place using the Finder on the Mac. Connect your iPhone to the Mac with its charging cable and then open a new Finder window. You'll find the iPhone listed in the sidebar. Select it and then you can setup your sync options.

Please see this link for guidance: Sync contacts and calendars onto your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

An alternative to manually syncing your device to your Mac would be to sync via iCloud Drive. Set up the Mac and the iPhone with the same Apple ID and password and enable iCloud on each.

Guidance for that can be found here: Set up iCloud Drive on all your devices - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2023 8:07 PM in response to venus_246-Hom

It will be helpful to know what macOS version you are using.

However, with current Macs and iPhones the sync and data transfer functions can take place using the Finder on the Mac. Connect your iPhone to the Mac with its charging cable and then open a new Finder window. You'll find the iPhone listed in the sidebar. Select it and then you can setup your sync options.

Please see this link for guidance: Sync contacts and calendars onto your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

An alternative to manually syncing your device to your Mac would be to sync via iCloud Drive. Set up the Mac and the iPhone with the same Apple ID and password and enable iCloud on each.

Guidance for that can be found here: Set up iCloud Drive on all your devices - Apple Support

transfer of contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.