How can I gain access to my iCloud that I lost I know all my information?

i logged out of my iCloud not knowing I had an old phone number on file so when I try to log back in I can’t use the number for the verification nor my iCloud.

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 3:17 PM

Hi Oblokccc

welcome to the Apople (user-to-user) Community!

Re: " i logged out of my iCloud not knowing I had an old phone number on file

so when I try to log back in I can’t use the number for the verification nor my iCloud."

Your Apple ID is the account you use to access Apple services like the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in as well as the contact, payment, and security details you use across Apple services.

Re: "How can I gain access to my iCloud that I lost I know all my information?"

See if you can log-in to your Apple ID account online, and edit / update your phone number / details there.

Eg: Try signing in to your Apple ID online on a "trusted" device.

(ie: one that is listed in your Apple ID account, so it will be a device that you can get a verification code from).

Here's the link to Apple ID online log-in page:

https://appleid.apple.com

How to: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Do allow 24 hours for the update to come into effect, (else re-starting a device may also update its details)

Also: Check you are signed in (to all your computers / devices etc.) with your correct Apple ID / details:

How to: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

If the new phone number is the only way you have to get a verification code:

You may be able to re-gain access to your account (generally after a waiting period) by providing ID :

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

________

If needed: Apple ID Support webpage (info. / support / contact options, etc.)

Apple ID - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2023 3:17 PM in response to Oblokccc

Hi Oblokccc

welcome to the Apople (user-to-user) Community!

Re: " i logged out of my iCloud not knowing I had an old phone number on file

so when I try to log back in I can’t use the number for the verification nor my iCloud."

Your Apple ID is the account you use to access Apple services like the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in as well as the contact, payment, and security details you use across Apple services.

Re: "How can I gain access to my iCloud that I lost I know all my information?"

See if you can log-in to your Apple ID account online, and edit / update your phone number / details there.

Eg: Try signing in to your Apple ID online on a "trusted" device.

(ie: one that is listed in your Apple ID account, so it will be a device that you can get a verification code from).

Here's the link to Apple ID online log-in page:

https://appleid.apple.com

How to: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Do allow 24 hours for the update to come into effect, (else re-starting a device may also update its details)

Also: Check you are signed in (to all your computers / devices etc.) with your correct Apple ID / details:

How to: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

If the new phone number is the only way you have to get a verification code:

You may be able to re-gain access to your account (generally after a waiting period) by providing ID :

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

________

If needed: Apple ID Support webpage (info. / support / contact options, etc.)

Apple ID - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

How can I gain access to my iCloud that I lost I know all my information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.