I was jumped outside the club and they stole my iphone. When I received new iphone and new phone number I cannot log in to my icloud where my pictures and files are.

Hello all.

I am writing here for help because my iphone was stolen around 2 months ago. I received a new iphone and before it was stolen I changed my phone number and did not add it to recovery devices or update the phone number in icloud. Now when I go to forgot password to regain access to my icloud on the new iphone, it asks for a verification code from the old phone number which I no longer have access to. There are no other options for me either on the forgot password page.

How can I regain access to my icloud which has my photos, files, etc. that I've collected over the years? If anyone knows how to help thanks.

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 4:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 7:17 PM

If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery (go to this document: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2023 7:17 PM in response to omginterlude

If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery (go to this document: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

I was jumped outside the club and they stole my iphone. When I received new iphone and new phone number I cannot log in to my icloud where my pictures and files are.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.