Going directly to highlighted searched words within notes?

With an iPhone 8, if I searched within notes, when I clicked on the results, I was taken directly to the searched-for text, and it was highlighted in yellow. It was a huge time saver. I recently upgraded to iPhone 13. I can’t seem to get that same thing to happen. Please help.

iPhone SE, iOS 11

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 7:16 AM

Hello Expressive Glass,

If you can't search in the Notes app on your iPhone, then we'd recommend taking these steps for a solution:

1. Get updated for the latest fixes: Update your iPhone or iPad
  2. Close the Notes app, since it isn't working as expected: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch
  3. Restart the device: Restart your iPhone

Should the issue continue, then it would be best to contact Apple Support directly: Get Support They would need to take it from here.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2023 7:16 AM in response to Expressive Glass

Hello Expressive Glass,

If you can't search in the Notes app on your iPhone, then we'd recommend taking these steps for a solution:

1. Get updated for the latest fixes: Update your iPhone or iPad
  2. Close the Notes app, since it isn't working as expected: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch
  3. Restart the device: Restart your iPhone

Should the issue continue, then it would be best to contact Apple Support directly: Get Support They would need to take it from here.

Take care.

Going directly to highlighted searched words within notes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.