I live in japan now. Can I access apple japan's site in english

I've moved to Japan for the long term. However, I don't read-write Japanese. I can't seem to get the Japan site to work in all English. I need the Apple Store, etc. to be in English.

Also, I've had Apple One for my family in the States but can't transfer it here to Japan, it seems...

What do I need to do??

MacBook Pro (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 8:16 PM

You cannot transfer purchases or subscriptions from one country to another, you have to set them up from the start again.

Generally a country will only have a page in the language that is predominant in that country. You may find that since English is not a language commonly spoken in Japan that places such as the stores are only available in Japanese. (I am surmising that it may not be worth considering adding everything in English for a small number of English speaking residents).

For support information you can override the settings by selecting a different country at the bottom right of a help page. Alternatively, add a line of code forcing the display of a page in another language:

Oubli du mot de passe associé à votre identifiant Apple - Assistance Apple (CH)

I forced that one to Swiss French by adding /fr-ch/ to https://support.apple.com/fr-ch/HT201487

Normally it would default to If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

since i have my country language set to US English.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2023 8:16 PM in response to ward235

You cannot transfer purchases or subscriptions from one country to another, you have to set them up from the start again.

Generally a country will only have a page in the language that is predominant in that country. You may find that since English is not a language commonly spoken in Japan that places such as the stores are only available in Japanese. (I am surmising that it may not be worth considering adding everything in English for a small number of English speaking residents).

For support information you can override the settings by selecting a different country at the bottom right of a help page. Alternatively, add a line of code forcing the display of a page in another language:

Oubli du mot de passe associé à votre identifiant Apple - Assistance Apple (CH)

I forced that one to Swiss French by adding /fr-ch/ to https://support.apple.com/fr-ch/HT201487

Normally it would default to If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

since i have my country language set to US English.

I live in japan now. Can I access apple japan's site in english

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.