iOS 16.6 Bluetooth Dropping

I an iPhone12 with iOS16.6.

Since the new IOS upgrade (IOS 16.6) my Bose QC II Earbuds disconnect after 1 minute of use, and does not recover. This did not occur prior to 16.6, and also occurring with the new iOS 17.

I would like Apple to please look into this and provide a fix, and advise of workarounds in the meanwhile.

iPhone 12

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 6:43 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 25, 2023 1:53 PM in response to atsnaka

Hello atsnaka,

We have a great support article that might help with this. Please take a look at it here: If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out - Apple Support. Follow this guidance:

"Improve your Bluetooth connection

Your headphones communicate using Bluetooth, and a Bluetooth signal can be interfered with or weakened in some situations.

Your headphones might lose their connection more often with streaming audio than with content that is stored on your device.* With your device within a few feet of you, try to listen to music or other audio content that is stored on your device—not streamed—with your headphones. On your iOS or Android device, open the Music app. On a Mac with macOS Catalina, open the Music app. On a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes. Then play a song that does not have the Download buttonnext to it. Or tap the Download button to download the song.

If your headphones maintain their connection without distortion during this test, then here are a couple of things that can help in other situations:

• Keep your iPhone or other device close to you, so that no obstructions, like walls or floors, are between you and your device.
      • If possible, move to a different place—in particular, move away from places with many people or a lot of Wi-Fi activity, poorly shielded cables, microwave ovens, and wireless speakers (or turn off the oven or speaker).

If your headphones keep disconnecting

If you tested your headphones as described in the previous section and audio keeps disconnecting or cutting in and out, unpair your headphones and then pair them again.

Unpair your headphones

Unpair from an iPhone:

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
      2. Find the device that you want to unpair and tap the Info buttonNo alt supplied for Image.
      3. Tap Forget This Device.
      4. Restart your iPhone.

Unpair from a non-Apple device:

1. On your non-Apple device, go to the settings for Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is on. For example, on an Android device, go to Settings > Connected devices > Connection preferences > Bluetooth.
      2. Unpair—or forget—your headphones.
      3. Restart your non-Apple device.

Pair your headphones again

Pair—or connect—your headphones again. Find instructions for your headphones and the device that you want to pair them with:

If your headphones continue to disconnect, contact Apple Support."

We hope this helps. Let us know if we can assist with anything else at all. Take care.

Oct 25, 2023 5:09 PM in response to Gena_D

Thanks for the explanation.

Unfortunately,

1. The bluetooth connection disconnects even with music stored in device
  2. The bluetooth connection disconnects even with the earpods next to the iPhone, and with no WiFi nearby
  3. The bluetooth keeps on dropping even after I unpair then pair them again.
  4. The bluetooth keeps on dropping even after I updated the iOS to iOS17

Since this has started occurring after I updated to 16.6, I imagine it has something to do with the new iOS.

Oct 27, 2023 12:57 AM in response to atsnaka

My airdrop and Bluetooth keeps disconnecting and cycling on and off after the iOS 17 update. None of my devices connect; Apple Pencil, AirPods, everything Bluetooth. Can’t send or receive anything via airdrop. None of the fixes work; reset settings, forget Bluetooth devices, etc. I’m certain it’s the update. Everything was working fine before!! This is frustrating

iOS 16.6 Bluetooth Dropping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.