Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth issue after 14.7.1 update

Hi everyone.

After the latest update I had a few days ago I encountered some issue with my device, iPhone X 256gb.

It started with WiFi connection, it took about a minute to find my home router and to eventually connect; then i tried to connect to my Bluetooth headphones, Hadisala T15 I took from Amazon 2 years ago.

They connect as I open the small panel, but if I don’t start immediately to listen to music they disconnect, they connect again and finally disconnect.

If I start to play some music they work fine, but if I stop for 20 seconds, they are gone.

It’s a mess to reconnect again, I have to replace the headphones in the case, close it and wait to reopen it again.

Same issue with my car, with apple car play it’s all fine (cable connection), with the simple Bluetooth same problem listed before!

iPhone X

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 2:30 PM

Hello:) Let's give these ideas a try:

Toggle Bluetooth off and back on in Settings > Bluetooth (not Control Center).

-Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

-Restart your Bluetooth accessory. Make sure it is fully charged.

-Remove any case from your iPhone.

-Disable Wi-Fi in Settings > Wi-Fi (not Control Center).

-Test for the same behavior.

If the behavior continues, then try unpairing the Bluetooth accessory from your iPhone: Settings > Bluetooth > tap the 'i' next to the Bluetooth accessory > tap 'Forget This Device'. Then, if applicable, reset the Bluetooth accessory (you may need to reach out to the manufacturer if you're unsure how to do this), then pair and connect and test again.

If these do not work for you go to upper right then click on Get Support. Good luck.

~Katana-San~

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2021 2:30 PM in response to Luca_Cavallerio

Hello:) Let's give these ideas a try:

Toggle Bluetooth off and back on in Settings > Bluetooth (not Control Center).

-Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

-Restart your Bluetooth accessory. Make sure it is fully charged.

-Remove any case from your iPhone.

-Disable Wi-Fi in Settings > Wi-Fi (not Control Center).

-Test for the same behavior.

If the behavior continues, then try unpairing the Bluetooth accessory from your iPhone: Settings > Bluetooth > tap the 'i' next to the Bluetooth accessory > tap 'Forget This Device'. Then, if applicable, reset the Bluetooth accessory (you may need to reach out to the manufacturer if you're unsure how to do this), then pair and connect and test again.

If these do not work for you go to upper right then click on Get Support. Good luck.

~Katana-San~

Aug 17, 2021 7:48 AM in response to Luca_Cavallerio

hi, this is a common issue that has no fix.

you will be asked to reset your network settings which will clear out any saved devices and wifi passwords, but this will not resolve the issue.

you may be told to reset the entire device and start from scratch but this will not resolve the issue.

see here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252847872

nobody has had any luck getting this fixed. we were hoping 14.7.1 would include one but the issue has been around since ios 13 for some people if you can believe it.

if you actually find something that works and keeps working consistently please let us all know.

Aug 31, 2021 11:59 AM in response to grimmmace

Thanks for your reply, very interesting and helpful.

I talked to a technician that says that, since I have also encountered WiFi range problem and not accurate gps position, it should be the WiFi antenna that is slowly dying; same idea came from apple support.

I’ll try changing antenna, I’ll keep this post updated.

[Edited by Moderator]

Bluetooth issue after 14.7.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.