Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

App Store app is not working on new iPhone

I have a game Yatzee Addict that was installed on my iPhone 8. I just upgraded to an iPhone 14. I transferred the data but this app immediately crashes when I try to run it. My phone is fully updated, has been restarted several times. The application has been uninstalled and reinstalled. My husband updated his phone and the game runs on his iPhone 14. Seems like it is still trying to run the old iPhone version and not the new one. Any ideas?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 9:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 2:16 PM

If you have removed the app, force-restarted, and re-downloaded the app, you’ve done what can be.

Contact the app developer, as a starting point: Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

3 replies

Oct 25, 2023 6:07 PM in response to Rebbee1

Rebbee1 wrote:

It seems like it’s trying to download an old bersion. Is there a way to get the app to download it like it’s brand new instead of a stored version?

App Store for an iPhone running on current iOS (17.1) don’t download old versions. Apps do occasionally contain latent bugs, including those bugs specific to certain devices and device configurations, and those bugs involving iCloud data, apps getting tangled with add-on first-few-hops VPN apps, among other potential causes of app crashes. Contact the app provider.

App Store app is not working on new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.