What happens if you no longer have an old phone number on your phone and forgot to deregister a phone number you don’t have anymore

how do you deregister a phone number you no longer use if you’re unable to locate it due to one of your emails being compromised and then deleted the email but it seems like I missed something when I tried to update my account and an old email phone number is still somewhere in my identity but I have no access to deregister them. I think someone else is using them because it appears that old device that was reset wasn’t reset properly so it’s causing problems. What should I do to fix this mess. I know it’s confusing but it’s like another rogue email phone number are connected to my email address I use for Apple ID but can’t find it?? To deregister should I just delete my email deactivate and start new? How do I save my purchases when doing this?

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 6:52 AM

If you cannot access your Apple ID anymore, because of you don't have access to any of your trusted devices or to your trusted phone number, you can try and enroll in account recovery

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

1 reply

What happens if you no longer have an old phone number on your phone and forgot to deregister a phone number you don’t have anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.