Connecting to Apple TV

Trying to connect to Apple TV on my smart TV. It is trying to make me purchase this when I already pay through my cell company. How can I connect?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 11:18 AM

In the Apple TV app on your smart TV, find the in-app Settings (⚙️), then choose Accounts, then sign in with your Apple ID account that has the Apple TV+ subscription linked to it.

Then the Apple TV app would unlock access to all of the Apple TV+ content, without asking to subscribe. You may still be asked to subscribe for other content in the app, that is brought to you through other content providers. You may still be asked to buy or rent for content from the iTunes Store Movies and TV shows — just like on iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2023 11:18 AM in response to Kight23

In the Apple TV app on your smart TV, find the in-app Settings (⚙️), then choose Accounts, then sign in with your Apple ID account that has the Apple TV+ subscription linked to it.

Then the Apple TV app would unlock access to all of the Apple TV+ content, without asking to subscribe. You may still be asked to subscribe for other content in the app, that is brought to you through other content providers. You may still be asked to buy or rent for content from the iTunes Store Movies and TV shows — just like on iPhone.

Connecting to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.