Connecting Ipod to compuer

Ive an old but working ipod Nano and am trying to connect it to a new computer.

What app do I nee to make it work?

iPod nano

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2023 11:37 AM

WTTajwcbk2 wrote:

• On a recent Windows computer (Windows 10 or Windows 11), use iTunes. You can download it from iTunes - Apple
  • For Windows 7 (or Windows 8), go to iTunes 12.10.11 for Windows (Windows 64 bit)
  • On an older Mac, using OS Mojave or earlier, you should find iTunes already on the machine
  • For a Mac using OS Catalina or later, use Finder (there is no iTunes for the newer MacOS)
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2023 11:37 AM in response to WTTajwcbk2

WTTajwcbk2 wrote:

• On a recent Windows computer (Windows 10 or Windows 11), use iTunes. You can download it from iTunes - Apple
  • For Windows 7 (or Windows 8), go to iTunes 12.10.11 for Windows (Windows 64 bit)
  • On an older Mac, using OS Mojave or earlier, you should find iTunes already on the machine
  • For a Mac using OS Catalina or later, use Finder (there is no iTunes for the newer MacOS)

Oct 25, 2023 9:20 PM in response to WTTajwcbk2

Hi WTTajwcbk2

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: " Ive an old but working ipod Nano and am trying to connect it to a new computer.

What app do I nee to make it work?"

Am no expert in this area, yet your question surely deserves some response.

There is an iPod Nano user guide online:

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1624/en_US/iPod_nano_2015_user_guide.pdf

Eg: See page 13 for How to: Connect or disconnect iPod nano

More recently:

Apple Support article: Sync content between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Trouble-shooting: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Ipod Touch Support website: iPod touch - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

Connecting Ipod to compuer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.