You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update Safari browser?

My preferances new set to automatic update Safari but I can't get it to update

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 12:44 PM

1 reply

Oct 26, 2023 11:07 AM in response to moni198

Hello moni198,

To update the Safari app, you'd need to take these steps, depending on the device you're using: Update to the latest version of Safari

Update to the latest version of Safari

If a Safari update is available for your device, you can get it by updating or upgrading macOS, iOS, or iPadOS. 

Update Safari on Mac

The most up-to-date version of Safari is included with the latest version of macOS. To find and install any updates or upgrades that are available for your Mac:
Update your Mac

Update Safari on iPhone or iPad

The most up-to-date version of Safari is included with the latest version of iOS for iPhone or iPadOS for iPad. To find and install any updates or upgrades that are available for your device:
Update your iPhone or iPad

Update Safari on Windows PC

Apple no longer offers Safari updates for Windows. Safari 5.1.7 for Windows was the last version made for Windows, and it is now outdated.

If a website says that your browser is out of date

If a website says that Safari is out of date even though you're already using the latest version of macOS or the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, there could be an issue with the website. If you’re sure that you want to use the website, contact the website owner or developer.

Hoping this helps out.

Cheers!

How do I update Safari browser?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.