cannot log into apple books publishing portal

I have created an itunes account but when I go to "publish to apple books" the page keeps going back to 'log into itunes connect'. I am on a PC and used Chrome and Brave browsers, but neither work. I also tried with and without a VPN. I cannot get past this to load an epub book.

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2023 11:35 AM

Same things happening to me. Good to know it's not on my end but also means we're screwed. Fair warning this is a frequent issue. I've been publishing with them for years now... I'd quit but I get better sales direct with apple then using a third party.

Similar questions

10 replies

Feb 18, 2024 2:59 PM in response to Lukemad1

I jus posted about a similar issue. I can't even create an iTunes Connect profile as it says my Apple ID isn't right.

I've verified it by email and text and created an iTunes account.

One sign that indicates they just don't care about it is that they haven't updated the UI design from the past Sku-morphic look to flat design which happened on most of Apples products and software over ten years ago.

Mar 8, 2024 10:17 AM in response to Lukemad1

I'm new here and tried to use this service to publish my comic Yardville since Lulu.com is just not working out. I immediately ran into this very problem. I tried different browsers but nothing works. It's also infuriating that I can't even use my phone to test it further since it's apparently desktop only. This is very unprofessional to have a website where even the basics don't work. Guess I'll have to find spend another day looking for another publishing method.

Apr 15, 2024 11:03 AM in response to Ichikai

My fix was to give exclusive rights to Amazon digital distribution. If it's on Kindle Unlimited, you can't distribute it anywhere else. (You can remove it at any time.)

My author friend said he does a lot of sales on there. It has--by far--the largest reach of any digital book distribution. I dare say there are few Android users on Apple Books.

cannot log into apple books publishing portal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.