iPad OS 17 unable to edit lock screen

Youtube advice suggests that at iPad OS 17, I should be able to edit my iPad’s Lock Screen by tap&hold. Nothing happens, I just get the usual advice that I need to unlock to do anything. I tried resetting my iPad. I waited for the first bug fix, and no change. Is this just my iPad or is it a known bug?

iPad

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 4:48 AM

iPad Home Screen and Lock Screen Wallpaper can be set from WallPaper Settings and from the lock screen.

Change the wallpaper on iPad - Apple Support

Custom Wallpaper can only be removed from the iPadOS 17 Lock Screen. To delete from the Lock Screen - while the iPad is at the unlocked Lock Screen - touch and hold to expose the Wallpaper selection page. To delete an unwanted Wallpaper, simply swipe upwards - and confirm deletion.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2023 4:48 AM in response to Emerion

iPad Home Screen and Lock Screen Wallpaper can be set from WallPaper Settings and from the lock screen.

Change the wallpaper on iPad - Apple Support

Custom Wallpaper can only be removed from the iPadOS 17 Lock Screen. To delete from the Lock Screen - while the iPad is at the unlocked Lock Screen - touch and hold to expose the Wallpaper selection page. To delete an unwanted Wallpaper, simply swipe upwards - and confirm deletion.

May 10, 2024 1:19 PM in response to LotusPilot

You mentioned you can access the main wallpaper change screen by long pressing. This is also the only way to delete as well which you stated. Sadly you didnt read the posters comment very well as they stated the long press results in a message that says unlock to edit, which doesnt help the issue sine you cant get to that main wallpaper edit mode. If you know how to get to an unlocked lock screen that info would be helpful as I and im sure others gave same issue.

iPad OS 17 unable to edit lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.