Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Related Article: About the security content of iOS 17.1 and iPadOS 17.1

Since iPad os 17.1 was installed I’m unable to play music from the music app.. anyone else have the same issue?

I’m unable to play music from the music app since installing iPad OS17.1.

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 2:22 PM

No.

Close the app and force restart:

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (AU)

If that doesn't help, offload the app and download again.

4 replies

Nov 12, 2023 10:33 AM in response to Walkermrw

I’ve had exactly the same issue I’ve done all the troubleshooting forced restart/ logging out and re logging in to app / deleting the app / rejoining the music subscription/ buying iCloud storage to ensure enough space for backup to iCloud etc… I’ve been in touch with apple for the past week and finally had a one to one call to address the issue was told I was the only one with this issue on they’re iPad (and as it works fine on my iphone it’s more of a one off or just my iPad ) I went through few steps with them over phone in the end I was told to do a factory reset it still hasn’t worked so hacked off now going to have to go back to them again so frustrated.

If anyone else has this issue also please let me know here thanks

Dec 15, 2023 4:58 PM in response to Keno75

I have too had the same exact issue since the update, and have done everything that you have listed to try to resolve, with the exception of contacting Apple support. I have even tried setting up my account on a totally different iPad, and experienced the same results. My music plays just fine on my phone. This has been a very frustrating issue.

Were you able to resolve?

Since iPad os 17.1 was installed I’m unable to play music from the music app.. anyone else have the same issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.