how do i erase my iphone

i recently forgot my iphones passcode and i cant erase it with find my phone because it wont connect to wifi without unlocking it and i cant use a computer because it wont connect to any of my computers

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 3:13 PM

OK.....I've given you two links to help you. After following the directions in the links, what didn't work? Just plugging into either a PC or Laptop isn't enough. You have to have iTunes, which is updated, installed and open. Also, many PCs/Laptops, especially older ones may not output enough power to charge an iPhone. But you're not trying to charge your iPhone. You need to erase it using iTunes on your computer. And I provided the directions on what you need to do for that as well.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2023 3:13 PM in response to j2772

OK.....I've given you two links to help you. After following the directions in the links, what didn't work? Just plugging into either a PC or Laptop isn't enough. You have to have iTunes, which is updated, installed and open. Also, many PCs/Laptops, especially older ones may not output enough power to charge an iPhone. But you're not trying to charge your iPhone. You need to erase it using iTunes on your computer. And I provided the directions on what you need to do for that as well.

Oct 26, 2023 2:38 PM in response to j2772

See what you need to do by following the directions in this link EXACTLY --> If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

You MUST use a computer. What does "it won't connect to any of my computers" mean exactly. What won't connect? Do you not have a cable that will connect to the computer or does the computer not recognize your iPhone?

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, see this link --> If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

how do i erase my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.