Apple Watch Series 1 Swelling

My mom got an Apple Watch Series 1 around 2016 and in around 2021, the battery swelled up, causing the screen to pop off. I found the watch again yesterday, and I realized that when you are charging it, the screen only works for certain commands. For example, if you hold the side button, the power off screen will appear. And when charging, the charging sign will appear. However, nothing else seems to work, showing only a black/blank screen.

I know that the battery is swolen, but I don't want to replace it. So is there anything that I can do to make the screen work again? I'm fine with the screen being popped off (that's not really an issue imo), I just want to know if there's a way to still make the rest of the commands work again with the swolen battery.

I'm also assuming the watch is definitely out of warranty, so how much would the estimated cost be to repair it?

Apple Watch Series 1

Posted on Oct 29, 2023 3:59 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 29, 2023 4:19 PM in response to cxli8812

That watch is way long gone and no longer supported by Apple. Apple would not repair it. A reputable Apple Authorized Repair Service would not repair it.

It's time to recycle it responsibly.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 14.1;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 10.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 17.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 17.1; HomePods, audioOS 17.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Apple Watch Series 1 Swelling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.