Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Apps wont delete even after suggested fixes

I can not delete 3rd party apps from my iPhone13 mini (iOS 16.6.1). Holding the app icon and selecting "Remove App" (or tapping the - icon) only gives me two options: "Remove from your Home Screen" or "Cancel". Ive done all of the suggested approaches but it still doesn't work.

I went to Settings/Screen Time/Content & Privacy Restrictions/iTunes & App Store Purchases and changed Deleting Apps to Allow. Then I restarted my phone and made sure it was still set to allow. I also went into General/iPhone Storage and looked at the app info (Dungeon Hunter 5, for example). There were no options to delete the app from there. It just listed the app and data storage sizes.

All apps are prevented from deletion even after the suggested steps. What could be wrong?

iPhone 13 mini

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 4:50 PM

It was AppBlock. Disable Strict Mode Level 2.

1 reply

Apps wont delete even after suggested fixes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.