Have other users been forced to use the Amazon app?

I did not download this app. It downloaded itself when I was trying to check my Amazon orders.

It is UNINTEGRATED with other Amazon systems and my new iMac browsers. It required multiple sign ins, force quits and clearing my Firefox cache..i.e. too much of my time!.. to eventually get to my current orders.

iMac 24″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 10:36 AM

KiltedTim is right, it's very suspicious.Get rid of it and any supporting files. You can check to see if you've removed all of the supporting files by downloading and running the shareware app Find Any File to search for any files with the application's or the developer's name in the file name.  For the Amazon software you'd do the following search(es): 

1 - Name contains amazon

Any files that are found can be dragged from the search results window to the Desktop or Trash bin in the Dock for deletion.

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages.  

If you get warnings that the file can't be deleted because it is in use or used by another app boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and delete from there.

Note:  if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode.  This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will assure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2023 10:36 AM in response to eimear65

KiltedTim is right, it's very suspicious.Get rid of it and any supporting files. You can check to see if you've removed all of the supporting files by downloading and running the shareware app Find Any File to search for any files with the application's or the developer's name in the file name.  For the Amazon software you'd do the following search(es): 

1 - Name contains amazon

Any files that are found can be dragged from the search results window to the Desktop or Trash bin in the Dock for deletion.

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages.  

If you get warnings that the file can't be deleted because it is in use or used by another app boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and delete from there.

Note:  if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode.  This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will assure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Have other users been forced to use the Amazon app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.